We're Here To Listen
Lonely? Anxious? Depressed? Bereaved? Just Need Someone To Talk To? Would like somebody to Pray for You?
Crossline Coventry is part of the National Christian Helpline on 0300 111 0101. It is staffed by trained Christian volunteers who offer a listening ear to those who call. 0300 111 0101 is a local rate number for all landlines and mobiles and should be included in mobile contract minutes.
CROSSLINE TRAINING COURSE
In the last 12 monthsCrossline as part of the National Christian Helpline has been part of helping to answer over 92,000 calls, but this represents only 60% of the calls we receive. We urgently need more people to train as listeners to meet the demand.
The 18 hour course covers telephone listening skills, telephone boundaries, crises listening and a number of Call Handling situations e.g. Mental Health. We offer this training free but donations towards the cost are appreciated.
For more information about the course and Posters and Flyers please contact John at the office.
View the Poster
CROSSLINE 25th ANNIVERSARY CHALLENGE
THE CHALLENGE: To Speak at 25 Churches during 2017; one for each year Crossline has been in operation. (It began in 1992.)
HOW: Invite John Pither to speak, preach or share at a church service, home group meeting or mid-week church event. Help us celebrate what God has done through this ministry and learn about the ongoing vision for Crossline.
To invite John please contact CCM on 024 7661 5931 or send an e-mail to John
CROSSLINE VIDEO ▼ ▲
A short video describing the work of Crossline and its team of volunteers
Please contact us if you would like to know more or invite John to come and speak at your Church as part of his 25th Anniversary Challenge to speak at 25 different Churches during 2017.
TRAINING PROGRAMME ▼ ▲
Topics covered in the eight course modules: Listening Skills, Telephone Listening Skills 1 & 2, Telephone Boundaries, Crisis Listening, Call Handling 1, 2 & 3 including Loneliness, Mental Health and Relationships.
CROSSLINE AFFILIATIONS ▼ ▲
Crossline Coventry was reawarded Quality Standard Accreditation with the mental health helplines partnership on 23rd February 2009. Crossline Hull & Crossline Scunthorpe & District were also awarded the standard.
Crossline in Coventry has been operating since January 1992 as a project of Coventry City Mission.
Here you can read about its History.
SOME COMMON HELPS FROM SCRIPTURE ▼ ▲
- Anxiety: Philippians 4: 6 -7; 1 Peter 5:7
- Anger: Ephesians 4:26; Pslam 73
- Bereaved: 1 Thessalonians 4: 13 -18
- Desperate: Psalm 61: 1 -3
- Distressed or Troubled: Psalm 9: 9 -10; Psalm 119: 61, 71, 75
- Divorce: Mark 10: 1 -2
- Drink Abuse: Romans 12: 1 -2; Ephesians 5: 18
- Drug Abuse: Romans 12: 1 -2; 2 Peter 2:19
- Fear: Psalm 23; Psalm 27; Romans 8: 31 - 39
- Forgiveness: Psalm 51; Matthew 6: 12,14.15: 18:22
- Loneliness: Deuteronomy 31:8; Psalm 23; Isaiah 41:10
- Guidance: Proverbs 3: 5,6
- Sickness: Psalm 103: 3; Matthew 4: 23
- Sleepless: Matthew 11:28
- Suicidal: Psalm 31; Psalm 55
- Unemployed: Jeremiah 29:11; Philippians 4: 11 -13
- Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit"